- Supportive team environment
- Support consumers to reach their maximum potential
- Full Time role
RFT is a globally affiliated, not-for-profit organisation providing residential and allied support services across Tasmania for people with severe and recurrent mental illness. Our primary focus is (whole of) person-centred recovery and we are working towards a strongly value-based culture. We are people helping people.
We are inviting applications for a Full-Time Social Worker to work at RFT’s Mowbray residential services.
We are seeking applicants who have a fun-loving attitude and are creative in working alongside consumers on their recovery journey, who can draw on their life experiences and use their diverse range of people skills to help deliver a person-centred service.
Knowledge/ Experience Requirements (selection criteria)
- Understanding of the mental health sector within Tasmania
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Work
- Ability to apply the principles of recovery and client-centred delivery in the mental health sector
- Effective team work and relationship management skills
- Ability to use IT for work-related activities, including using the internet, MS Office and case-management software
- Effective verbal communication skills and the ability to write accurate and professional case notes, reports and letters
- Provide evidence of current driver’s licence
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Post Graduate degree in Social Work or related discipline
- Previous experience in mental health
- Current First Aid Certificate
- CHCCS305C Assist clients with medication or HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication and Infection Prevention and Control training
RFT offers access to salary packaging, a collaborative and supportive working environment, and support for ongoing training and development. This position will be paid at level 4 under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. RFT requires a current National Police Certificate for all employees.
Further information and applications:
A full position description and more information may be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted by using the Seek “Apply” button only. Include a response to the Key personal capabilities on the position description as part of your application (no more than 2 pages).
To view this position on Seek, click here.