About RFT – Mental Health Recovery
RFT is a locally operated Tasmanian not for profit organisation which has been supporting people facing mental health challenges and social disadvantage for over 30 years.
We are an independent, non-government, non-religiously affiliated organisation that recognises you as a whole person not just your mental health diagnosis.
Our values are fundamental to every aspect of our work, ensuring that the way we walk alongside you on your journey is respectful, supportive, engaging and non-judgemental. We celebrate diversity and support you, as an individual to live your best life.
It is our belief that;
- mental health and social inclusion is everyone’s right;
- recovery is a journey, and is as unique as you are; and
- Every one of us has the right to feel a sense of wellbeing.
At RFT you are in charge of your destination wellbeing and we will work alongside you and the people who are important in your life, to identify and achieve the goals that are important to you. We are focused on your needs and supporting you to take control over your life and your choices.
RFT is fully accredited by the Quality Improvement Council and is a Registered NDIS Provider.
- To help people to be the best they can be.
- Compassionate and generous, we strive to bring clarity where there is confusion.
- People helping people
- Celebrating diversity
- Meaningful and reflective
- Supportive quiet achievers
- Engaging, non-judgemental, fun
- Ambition and courage tempered with a sense of humour
Our Global Family
We are proud to be part of a network of Richmond Fellowship organisations throughout the world; the original founded in Richmond, England in 1959 by Elly Jansen to provide community rehabilitation and support for people with mental illness.
In 1987, Richmond Fellowship Tasmania (now RFT), was established as a specialist community based mental health organisation, focused on meeting the needs of those with complex mental health issues.
Learn more about the history of Richmond Fellowship here: The Richmond Story on YouTube
RFT provides a range of mental health and social inclusion services to support Tasmanians
- Community Based Mental Health Services
- Social Inclusion Services
To learn more about our services, click here.