Mental Health Clinician
Hobart | Full-time
- Competitive salary structure
- Excellent salary packaging of up to $15,900 pa
- Open to Psychologists, OT, RN and Social workers , Mental Health Nurses and Counsellors
- Full time preferred, part time considered
We have an exciting mental health career opportunity available for a full-time Mental Health Clinician to join our team in Hobart. This role offers a fulfilling and rewarding career as you will be part of a Tasmanian-owned for-purpose organisation with over 36 years of experience delivering community-based mental health services across Tasmania.
This position sits within the clinical team of Richmond Fellowship Tasmania and delivers evidence based psychological treatment services for referred people. Psychological treatment includes the delivery of individual counselling sessions as well as group therapy programs. This position will be delivering support to adult clients, majority of whom will be residents of aged care facilities. In addition to clinical work this position includes local level program promotion, networking, and stakeholder engagement.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Complete intake and assessment and develop clear treatment plans in line with program standard operating procedures.
- Maintain an active case load of consumers who meet the eligibility criteria as specifically by contractual requirements of Richmond Health Programs.
- Provision of regular data entry to ensure that productivity measures are easily analysed.
- Identify and report risks through the appropriate channels.
- Work collaboratively with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure a high quality of service in line with organisational values and governing body requirements.
- Ensure that services are consistent with the National Standards for Mental Health Services 2010.
- Registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia; or
- Degree in Social Work giving eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers; or
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia; or
- Registered with the Nursing Board of Australia; or
- Bachelor level qualifications in Counselling
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and manage own time according to priority.
- Demonstrated skills in comprehensive assessment, care planning and counselling.
- Post graduate qualifications in Mental Health
- Work experience providing evidenced based psychological treatment services for people with mild to moderate mental illness
- Training and/or experience applicable to working with older people
Only candidates who can legally work in Australia should apply and a current Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card, Drivers Licence and COVID vaccination certificate will be required for all new appointments.
To apply for this role please submit your resume with one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria through Seek.
Applicants may be interviewed prior to closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact Recruitment via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 29 September 2023, 11:55pm.
Apply via SeekApply Now