Mental Health Counsellor
Launceston & North East | Full time
Richmond Fellowship Tasmania (RFT) is the largest community-based providers of community mental health services in Tasmania. Our vision is to ‘inspire a healthy community, where people are leaders in their own lives’ and our mission is to ‘deliver excellence through person centred, recovery and wellbeing services’. We strive to achieve this by promoting choice and control for all our consumers and NDIS participants and deliver services that help them achieve their goals.
This position sits within the clinical team of Richmond Fellowship and delivers evidence based psychological treatment services for referred people. Psychological treatment includes the delivery of individual counselling sessions as well as group therapy programs. This position will be delivering support to adult clients, majority of whom will be residents of aged care facilities. In addition to clinical work this position includes local level program promotion, networking, and stakeholder engagement.
This position will support the delivery of Richmond Fellowships’ clinical programs. It will carry an individual caseload and requires autonomous assessment, care planning and treatment. This position will assist people to achieve their goals with a strong recovery focus.
Qualification (Bachelor’s degree minimum):
- Psychologist (holding provisional or general registration)
- Mental health nurses (credentialed or working towards credentialing)
- Mental health social workers (credentialed or working towards credentialing)
- Mental health occupational therapists (credentialed or working towards credentialing)
- Specialist counsellors
- Previous experience working in a mental health setting and providing direct consumer support.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of evidence-based theory and assessment tools.
- Demonstrated skills in comprehensive assessment, care planning and counselling.
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and manage own time according to priority.
- Demonstrated ability to network and create positive professional relationships.
- 3+ years’ experience in providing direct counselling.
- Qualifications in Aged Care or Gerontology are highly regarded.
- Previous experience in service development and promotion.
- Previous experience in a related field; including aged care sector or community sector.
- Skills in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter addressing the key skills and experience outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 21 December 2021, interviews might be conducted prior to that date.
Please contact People & Culture for more details via email: email@example.com