Mental Health Nurse
Hobart | Full-time
We are seeking a highly motivated and compassionate Community Based Mental Health Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team. As a Community Based Mental Health Nurse, you will be responsible for providing high-quality care to individuals living with severe and complex mental health conditions.
- Work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, including psychiatrists, social workers, and occupational therapists to provide comprehensive care to individuals living with severe and complex mental health conditions.
- Conduct assessments of clients’ mental health conditions and develop individualised care plans.
- Provide counselling, medication management and other therapies to patients.
- Monitor clients’ progress and adjust care plans as needed.
- Provide education to clients and their families about mental health conditions and treatments.
- Participate in case conferences and other meetings to ensure the best outcomes for clients.
- Registered Nurse with APHRA.
- Minimum 2 years of nursing experience (clinical and/or community) including demonstrated knowledge and skill working with people with complex and severe mental illness and comorbidities.
- Commitment to maintaining and/or working towards credentialing with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses.
- Current registration to Working with Vulnerable People (or ability to attain)
- Evidence of work rights in Australia.
- Two professional references.
- Experience working in primary care settings.
- Passion for the mental health, recovery, and person-centred care.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders and to work collaboratively.
- Availability to start as soon as possible.
We offer a competitive salary, salary packaging and a supportive work environment. If you are a skilled Community Based Mental Health Nurse looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals living with severe and complex mental health conditions, please submit your resume and cover letter today. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Only candidates who can legally work in Australia should apply and a current Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card, Driver Licence and COVID vaccination certificate will be required for all new appointments.
To apply for this role please send your resume with a one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Clarissa Adriel, Clinical Lead on 0438 430 165.
Applicants may be interviewed prior to closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact our People & Culture Team via email@example.com
Applications close Friday, 9 June 2023 at 11:55pm
Apply Via SeekApply Now