Our Residential Rehabilitation and Recovery Program offers fully furnished, self-contained units/rooms that promote the development of the skills required for independent living.
We provide this 24-hour, 7 day a week support service in five locations across Tasmania – Glenorchy, Hobart, Rokeby, Mowbray, and Ulverstone – through small non-judgemental communities where we support you to be the best person you can be.
Program services include
• Comfortable, fully-furnished and equipped self-contained units/rooms
• Support development of skills for independent living
• Staff who listen, encourage and guide
• A community within a community where your personal space is respected
• Focus on individuals where your goals are worked towards
• Access to the full range of RFT programs including the Hearing Voices program
• Pets are welcome (by prior arrangement)
Take your journey to wellbeing with us
At RFT we believe in an holistic approach to mental health recovery through programs that promote physical health, self-care, living skills, relationships, and work and social networks. We’ll actively engage you in your own recovery process, through our tailored programs that provide you with solutions and skills for wellbeing.
We offer personalised case management through our Care Coordination Pathway, and RFT will be with you every step of the way along your identified path – focussing on goals and aspirations, as you journey towards greater wellbeing.
We’re dedicated to a positive outcome for each individual, so we’ll guide, support and assist you throughout every step of your wellbeing journey, with:
• Independent assessments
• Personalised case management
• Sanctuary and space to simply ‘be’
• Peer support
• Qualified and supportive staff
• Networks with other health professionals, to ensure all your needs are met
So, if you’ve made the decision to undertake a personal wellness journey, make RFT your first and final destination for wellbeing.
Entry to the Program
To enter the program, you will first need to complete an application with the State Mental Health Services (DHHS) Maximising Recovery Panel (MRP) and simply nominate RFT as your preferred service provider.
The MRP’s details are:
• Phone: (03) 6230 7788
• Fax: (03) 6230 7550
• Email: email@example.com
Once accepted into the program, the transition period begins. This is usually a day visit, an overnight stay, and/or a two-night stay depending on the program and your needs. If these visits are successful, a moving-in date can be arranged. RFT will help with moving if required (we have a trailer for transport, but note that we’re not able do any heavy lifting).
*You will need a mental health case manager to enter the program. If you don’t already have a case manager we can support you to apply for one.